Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Liability Trial Attorney - Houston
Zurich is seeking a successful Liability Defense Attorney to work out of their home in the Houston Texas area.
This Trial Attorney will be responsible for representing the commercial insureds of a prestigious and financially stable commercial insurance carrier, by preparing and trying Commercial Auto and General Liability cases from a challenging and varied caseload.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-respected organization and represent its insureds in all phases of litigation, while being part of a high-performing, team oriented law office. The ideal candidate will be able to engage in the practice of law, at all times in compliance with the ethical standards as established by the national/local area of practice.
The selected candidate will perform duties encompassing all aspects of insurance defense, including initial investigation and legal analysis and advice, preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents, performing legal research, preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery, preparing for and aggressively handling hearing and trials, and conducting post-trial activities where appropriate. We look for demonstrated case analysis ability and a track record of proven trial and negotiation skills, along with the ability to work independently and without substantial supervision.
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in the Litigation area
- Member of the Texas State Bar in good standing
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
- Knowledge of the law and procedure
- Jury trial experience; some first chair
- Experience with insurance industry claims and general commercial litigation.
- Must be well organized with good analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, proactive approach to file handling and caseloads, and able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to budget costs and evaluate and calculate exposure for clients.
- Understands the staff counsel function and role in overall business
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.