Yokogawa Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yokogawa Corporation of America
Every high-technology product from Yokogawa has to fulfill three basic criteria: Quality, Innovation, and Foresight. We are one of the world leaders in industrial automation and process optimization, test and measurement, information systems and industrial services. Besides being of high quality, innovative and advanced, our products are also safe and resilient. We develop, engineer, implement and maintain technology that requires highly trained and skilled professionals to maintain and further develop our quality processes.
Yokogawa is seeking to hire a Technical Instructor.
Responsible for the implementation and coordination of technical training courses to support YCA systems and products. Courses are to meet both internal and external needs.
- Performs duties under the direction of the Training Manager or a Senior Technical Instructor.
- Documents the results of the analysis for training department records.
- Develops course materials including handouts and other learning aides.
- Conducts technical training courses, both at YCA facilities and at customer-preferred sites.
- Provides feedback for modification of course material by analyzing course evaluations and other customer feedback to determine necessary changes.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of assigned products. Interfaces with and supports other departments’ functions as assigned by the Manager of Training.
- Maintains a professional personal and company image before both employee and customer students.
- Maintains records, prepares reports/correspondence as required. • Prepares audio visual aids to support lecture material being presented.
- Modifies lecture handout materials to meet changes in product technology, or presentation approach, as assigned.
- Arranges for an appropriate environment for the presentation of material, including room management, audio visual projection equipment, handout materials, and lab equipment.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Has the authority to stop work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised
- Performs other duties as required
- Train approximately 75-100 students per year; maintains student evaluation of 80% or better.
- Possess good platform and communication skills; exhibit good interpersonal/customer relation skills; be capable of handling criticism professionally.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Education: AA degree in Engineering or Business. Instructor training certification or equivalent experience required.
Prior Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in process control including instructors experience in the Industrial Automation Industry.