YES Prep Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Leadership Team Executive Assistant
at YES Prep Public Schools
Part-Time Leadership Team Executive Assistant
POSITION: Bilingual Part-time Leadership Team Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Academics and Director of Student Support
POSITION TYPE: 11-month, Part-time (20 hours)
LOCATION: YES Prep North Central
Across the nation, only half of all students from low-income communities graduate from high school and only 10% earn a college degree. Even though 87% of our students are economically disadvantaged, YES Prep provides evidence that different outcomes are possible. Eighty-seven (87%) of YES Prep alumni matriculate to college within one year and alumni like Eddie Zapata are earning their college degrees at five times the rate of their peers with similar socioeconomic backgrounds. How do we do this? Each of YES Prep’s 19 campuses serves 6th-12th graders like Monique Bowie. Students typically enter YES Prep one or more grade levels behind, but quickly find themselves on a different life trajectory. This is a result of transformative relationships with teachers and leaders, and access to excellent educational opportunities.
As the first minority-majority city, Houston’s schools cannot keep up with demand from students like Eddie and Monique. Houston is the 4th largest city, and this booming population translates into 2,000 families on YES Prep’s waitlist. YES Prep’s student enrollment is estimated to grow from 14,100 students currently, to 23,000 by the 2024 – 2025 school year, with the addition of elementary schools in the 2020 – 2021 school year.
YES Prep needs a dynamic Leadership Team Executive Assistant with a diverse set of experiences, to make our mission a reality. As a YES Prep employee, you will achieve jaw-dropping results, create pathways to opportunity for our students, build transformative relationships, and eliminate educational inequities to advance social justice.
To put it simply, you will play an integral role in you will assist the campus Leadership Team by planning and overseeing campus testing coordination and administrative functions, support, and projects as assigned.
When you join the YES Prep team, some of the exciting work will include providing administrative support across school functions. These responsibilities could vary based on campus needs but could include:
- Providing administrative and operational support to the campus Academics team including, but not limited to:
- Create campus-wide schedule for standardized testing (Common Assessments, STAAR, Advanced Placement, PSAT, MAP) days,
- Coordinate room assignments for standardized testing,
- Communicate test schedules to staff, students, and families,
- Adjust testing schedules due to changes in staffing (Personal Time Off),
- Plan for non-instructional staff presence in common areas (hallways, restrooms) on testing days,
- Procure and prepare testing supplies and materials,
- Oversee organization, distribution, and collection of all testing materials for staff proctors.
- Providing administrative and operational support to the campus Operations team including, but not limited to:
- Manage School Calendar,
- Execute school-wide communication to families, staff, and students,
- Oversee common space reservations and use.
- Providing administrative and operational support to the campus Student Support team including, but not limited to:
- Contribute to planning for Culture and Special Events (Field Day, Open House, Picture Day, Homecoming, New Student Onboarding, etc.),
- Oversee logistics and planning for Spring Trips and other field trips,
- Input discipline data into ESP,
- Manage parent communication providing general discipline updates to families,
- Track and verify discipline data entry,
- Planning for and hosting In School Suspension multiple times per week,
- Coordinate College Visits,
- Organize course selection and PGP prep,
- Serve as a translator for parent meetings,
- Translate documentation to be sent home to families.
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas. Certain traits consistently shine through for our most successful employees: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility. Other traits needed and desired for this role are:
THE MUST HAVES
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in an administrative or operations-focused role
- Fluent in Spanish
THE BONUS POINTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution, preferred.
- Compensation – This position is a non-exempt, hourly position; salary offers commensurate with experience.
- Health and Supplemental Insurance – A $0.00 medical option that includes $600 towards a Health Savings Account, in addition to a variety of supplemental benefits including Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days of Paid Time Off in addition to the system closures of our
- Paid Leave Programming – In the event you need to be out due to medical needs (including maternity and paternity leave), YES Prep offers up to 12 weeks of full paid leave
- Professional Development - YES Prep values longevity and performance over time. We invest in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development.
- Award Winning Culture – The strong cultures of our campuses and Home Office are just one of many reasons we were named Houston’s Best Place to work in 2018. We won the 2012 Broad Prize for Excellence in Urban Education and were a 2016 finalist as well.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO EQUITY & DIVERSITY
YES Prep strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for students when their teachers and leaders reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Ninety-five percent (95%) of staff members agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity according to our latest system survey.
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
THE NEXT STEPS
If this sounds like your just right job, please apply here.
If you are not sure this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please reach out to our Talent team to be connected to a recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.