Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Completions Electrical Lead
at WorleyParsons Ltd.
WorleyParsons is arecognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals andinfrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend ourcapabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating newassets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – takingpride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients'expectations.
Here at WorleyParsons, we arehelping our customers meet the world's changing energy and resourcing needs. Weare also increasing our ability to deliver sustained economic and socialprogress. Come be a part of our team!
Click hereto see how we celebrate our community impact and our people who make itpossible!
The CompletionsElectrical Lead is responsible for the coordination, planning and execution of all electrical commissioning activities. TheIncumbent will follow the Completions strategy to deliver a seamless facilitytesting, commissioning and start up process that focuses on the end user (i.e.the Operator). The Completions Electrical Lead is responsible for acceptingelectrical systems into service, ensuring all pre and post energization checksare completed utilizing the approved test records. He will coordinate vendorsin the testing and tuning of equipment, load shedding and other electricalsystems as required. The incumbent will execute the electrical commissioningplan to the overall procedure and instruct commissioning crews and or subcontractorfor the necessary action, while maintaining the highest vigilance for Health,Safety and the Environment.
- Implementation of the Project safety management systems during the planning and execution of Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup project phases, adapting them to the specific needs and any unique risks.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of detailed execution plan for energized testing activities, including schedule and budget fully integrated with the project schedule and budget including:
- System and sub-system scoping
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures
- System testing procedures
- FAT coordination
- SAT coordination
- Commissioning Raw materials, intermediates andspares list
- Risk Management (system specific) andmitigations
- Ensure compliance with engineering procedures, International codes, standards & approved codes of practice
- Review & approval of all Commissioning electrical engineering documents created by the contractor
- Input to the Completions Management Systems (CMS) including review & approval of project specific ITR's. (Check Sheets)
- Provide input into project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule.
- Develop Electrical Commissioning personnel mobilization Plan.
- Promote safety and environmental awareness through inductions, training, inspection and promotions.
- Assist in investigation all incidents/accidents and near misses and present reports accordingly.
- Monitor the Contractor's electrical equipment installation, pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities and ensure these are executed in accordance with the project HSE, technical specifications, quality standards and procedures defined in the contracts.
- Monitor material and equipment delivery and ensure storage, preservation and maintenance are performed and recorded, in line with vendor requirements.
- Review and comment on the Contractor's documents on electrical equipment including method statements, ITPs, work procedures and practices.
- Prepare relevant electrical equipment/system commissioning/energization and testing procedures.
- Ensure that the electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are properly organized, scheduled and conducted in a structured and safe manner, to test and certify that the installed equipment/systems, comply with the agreed performance parameters indicated in the design documents and specifications.
- Responsible for the electrical Commissioning team and to oversee training, competency, supervision and de-mobilization of personnel
- Responsible for the safe and timely execution of all Commissioning activities and integration of these activities with both Project and Operations
- Proactive in the promotion of HSSE at site, supporting the Client Management Team and Client HSSE
- Responsible for the coordination of vendor representatives required during Commissioning
- Responsible for the development and communication of the requirements and timing for electrical materials, resources and external services for Commissioning and ensures these requirements are secured.
- Report daily progress and work scope completion ensuring all issues, identified risks and concerns are clearly communicated and addressed
- Leads daily execution kick off meetings and tool box talks.
- Cooperate and support the CSU Operations team in the execution of Commissioning & Start-up activities
What youwill bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
The position requires a result driven personality,who can positively influence his team to meet or exceed progress targets, whilemaintaining the highest standings for HSSE. The incumbent will possess communicationsskills that will establish respect within his team while communicating the systemsrequired for successful execution of the Commissioning scope. The CompletionsElectrical Lead must have knowledge, skills and ability to manage a diversegroup of Electrical personnel. An electrical specific background in Powergeneration, Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas with a minimum of 10 years Commissioningspecific experience with a minimum of 5 years of Commissioning Engineerexperience is also required. A degree / diploma in Electrical Engineering orJourneyman's Certificate with relevant experience is essential.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a commissioning or Maintenance role, including Completions and Commissioning of complex installations in order to effectively lead, supervise and resolve execution issues on a day to day basis.
- Conversant in local and international electrical standards, codes and practices
- Experience in computerized Project Completion and Certification System.
- Above average Software skills including MS Office suite including MS Visio.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects and operation of such plants/facilities
- Must exhibit a strong track record of completion and success in delivery of commissioning and projects safely.
- Identify efficiencies in work scope execution methodology and sequence
- Functional knowledge of all project discipline systems, design and reporting processes
- Good working knowledge of design review and reporting technologies.
- Be able to liaise with the completions team to ensure that all certification and handovers are in place against schedule and identify risk.
- Strong Software skills
- A fluent understanding of LOTO process and Permit to Work
- Strength of character, able to gain respect among the workforce and build relationships required of a high performance team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Extensive experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
- A degree / diploma in Electrical Engineeringor Journeyman's Certificate
WorleyParsonswill offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus afriendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity todevelop your career prospects within the United States and on a global scale.
When you joinWorleyParsons, you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in theinherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion andflexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people thatreflect the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by ouroperations. Our people are at the heart of our processes– we value everyone's personal wellbeing and contributions.
All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin,disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications andexperience will be contacted directly.
Pleasenote: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for thisvacancy.