World Vision Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Major Gift Officer - Houston
at World Vision Inc.
At World Vision, we're changing children's lives every day. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends - life in all its fullness. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need. View our "Who We Are" clip (or at http://bit.ly/2eEoTAv).
We are looking for an Area Director who will maximize World Vision’s ministry by developing long-term, effective relationships with individuals and foundations of providing $25,000 or more in financial resources, with the goal of providing them with a deeper understanding of holistic needs in the world, and boldly challenging them to respond sacrificially to those needs through the ministry of World Vision. Manage and coordinate the integrated regional fundraising efforts for Major Gifts Program, National Accounts and Gift Planning and help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Responsible for raising a minimum of $1,500,000 each fiscal year through private special funding, multi-year commitments, and gift planning. Recommend donation of appreciated assets whenever possible.
- Plan and implement account management strategy to ensure assigned accounts are given the appropriate amount of attention each year.
- Develop long-term relationships through personal interactions with donors on assigned account list and strive to connect donor interests with the WV mission and ministry.
- Network through current donors to locate new giving prospects who can make major gifts.
- Arrange for major donors and those with a large sphere of influence to interact with the WVUS president, senior leadership, field staff and domestic/international projects, when appropriate.
- Take qualified donors/prospects on trips to WV project sites to inform them about specific projects and encourage them to give at major donor levels.
- Work with gift planning staff to set up donor-advised funds, stock gifts, wills, etc.
- Represent WVUS in various settings, including speaking engagements directly related to major gift development and media interviews to spread the word about WV’s domestic and international ministry.
- Attend and participate in job related training programs as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in fundraising or sales; 5 years or more.
- Demonstrated ability to manage major accounts.
- Previous major gifts experience at another NGO a plus
- Demonstrated successful major individual gift ($25K+) fundraising experience
- Frequent evening and week-end work to accommodate donor's schedules
- Strong, local networks in Houston, Austin or San Antonio and surrounding areas, preferred
- Exposure to a developing country highly desired
- Interests aligned with the mission of World Vision
- Servant leader
- Must be able to do up to 50% travel - this would include domestic and international travel