Woodforest National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Branch Manager - 242 Walmart
at Woodforest National Bank
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 035689
The Retail Branch Manager is responsible for leading and directing branch operations; ensuring quality customer service, employee growth and development, and achievement of assigned metrics and goals.
- Manages branch personnel including training, mentoring and development; monitoring, evaluating and coaching performance; and staffing, scheduling, prioritizing, and delegating work assignments.
- Professionally and actively represents the Bank in the Community by strategically participating on boards and committees, partnering with charitable organizations, coordinating and teaching financial literacy and attending local professional networking groups
- Creates, drives, monitors and reports progress on branch objectives, standards and goals; develops and implements process and performance improvement solutions when gaps are identified.
- Oversees day to day operations of the branch; provides guidance and participates in daily operational and sales activities to achieve customer service and business growth objectives.
- Promotes a positive image of the bank; develops and maintains effective business relationships with customers, employees and retail partners; serves as a liaison between the branch and corporate departments.
- Addresses and resolves complex customer service issues and employee disputes; performs and reviews tasks requiring manager level approvals.
- Actively participates in bank functions and community activities as a representative of the bank.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and relationship management skills with the ability to convey a positive attitude and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, tact and salesmanship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with effective sales acumen.
- Strong practical knowledge of banking and lending products, policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, and market trends.
- Developed critical thinking and decision making skills with the ability to interpret and analyze financial and credit information.
- Strong attention to detail with high concern for data accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strategic mindset and strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Solid technology skills, including ability to navigate and search related websites, and intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, Office, Word, and SharePoint) and banking software applications (Bancline, Mozart).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate and achieve results through the effort of others.
- Flexibility to work weekend or evening hours.
- 3-5 years customer service or sales experience required.
- 1-3 years management or supervisory experience required.
- 1-3 years financial services or banking industry experience preferred.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 or more direct reports.
- Up to 25% local travel expected; overnight and out of town travel is possible
- Conditions involve lifting no more than ten pounds, standing most of the time, and may involve walking, moving, or sitting for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying articles like files, ledgers, folders, etc.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity Minority/ Female/ Individuals with Disabilities/ Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer