Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Tech I
at Windstream Communications
Job Reference #: 19000155
The Customer Service Technician I handles installation and maintenance of broadband services for residential and small business locations. The Technician must possess an attention to detail, problem solving skills, the ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable, and the capability to climb ladders and poles up to 40' and to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Required to respond to after hour call-outs.
- Install, maintain, and repair business and residential customer telephone, wiring and internet services, outside plant, and special circuits according to specifications
- Handle routine and non-routine assignments
- Communicate with customers regarding installation/repair
- Present and conduct self in a professional manner; promote positive company image to the public
- Diagnose, clear, and repair outside plant facility troubles
- Repair cable cuts and damage
- Perform minor central office tasks
- Operate a variety of tools and devices including test equipment
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle
High School Graduate or GED Equivalent required. Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the equivalent in work experience desired.