Weir Oil & Gas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineer II
at Weir Oil & Gas
- Job Location
- Shift Schedule
- Manages Others
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by performing the following duties.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Establishes best manufacturing processes and trains key shop personnel in those processes
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow; designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications; arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts; evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimates future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Establishes and maintains Lean practices, including continuous improvement projects
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.