Weingarten Realty Investors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PM/Specialty Leasing Intern
at Weingarten Realty Investors
SUMMER 2019 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Assist Property Managers within the assigned Region in actively marketing and cold-calling potential tenants for short term deals. The Intern will gain valuable experience in understanding the basics of temporary deals while learning how to find, analyze, negotiate, and close short term deals while working within existing tenant restrictions and analyzing upside to executing deals as well as gain an understanding of how temporary income adds value to the company.
Intern will assist property managers with activities relating to obtaining temporary income including, but not limited to:
- Cold calling on businesses and retailers (by telephone or in person)
- List ‘no front’ and hard to lease spaces and other vacancies on Craigslist
- Keep production logs
- Research and call on liquidators (furniture, warehouse, electronics, auctions)
- Follow up on leads from the Specialty Leasing conferences and other sources
- Generate, research, and source new leads on new ideas for challenging centers
- Call on vendors/contractors who may be interested in leasing no front space
- Work with some of the leasing staff to get an overview and understanding of teamwork involved in order to achieve positive results for the company, learn basis of how to cold call, source, negotiate and close permanent leasing deals, understand basis lease rates, different types of leases (gross vs triple net)
- Drive the properties with the various property managers to be able to learn about center specifics
- Communicate with property managers via phone and email regarding prospects, expectations and duties
- Participate in bi-weekly conference calls with other interns to share ideas and successes
- Create and present a powerpoint presentation to upper management at the end of the internship
- Any other activities or special projects that relate to temp income
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must project a desirable image for the company.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Must be currently seeking a BS/BA.
An active real estate license is strongly preferred
Weingarten is an EEO Employer; including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.