Weingarten Realty Investors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant, Legal Litigation
at Weingarten Realty Investors
Administrative Assistant – Legal Litigation
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to attorneys and paralegals in the Litigation Section of the Legal Department. The Litigation Section’s main functions include: overseeing the company’s eviction, collection, and defense matters; handling tenant bankruptcies and disputes; and responding to mechanic’s liens.
- Prepare correspondence and other miscellaneous documents in an accurate and timely manner, conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Monitor and maintain shared email inboxes.
- Create and update database entries regarding active cases.
- Process incoming payments.
- Electronically review and process invoices from outside law firms.
- Update spreadsheets showing damages for use by in-house and outside counsel.
- Create payment schedules based on settlement agreements.
- Run reports and perform internet research regarding potential litigants.
- Maintain filing system of all materials for assigned personnel.
- Upload documents to MS SharePoint.
- Maintain attorneys’ and paralegals’ calendars for all critical deadlines.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with other departments and coordinate the exchange of information needed from other departments.
- Make all necessary arrangements for meetings and travel.
- Prepare expense reimbursement forms.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as requested from time to time.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required. A general knowledge of Office 2010 applications needed. Prior experience with J.D. Edwards, Microsoft SharePoint and Legal Files Web© databases preferable.
- Strong writing skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively via the written word. Must be able to create professional written correspondence from rough drafts, verbal instructions, notes, etc.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy a heavy volume of detail-focused work.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant with experience in litigation strongly desired. Bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
Weingarten is an EEO Employer; including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled