Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webber, LLC
- 04-Feb-2019 to 31-Dec-2023 (CST)
- Corporate Opportunities
- The Woodlands, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Corporate Opportunities
Location The Woodlands, TX
Pay Range Commensurate with experience. This position is classified as exempt.
Schedule Typically Monday through Friday working some overtime during peak periods and as necessary to complete the job responsibilities.
The position of Purchasing Agent will make a significant contribution to the projects served by managing purchases for multiple projects. This position reports to Procurement Manager. This position works very closely with operations personnel as a very critical and important member of the team.
- Ensure compliance with management, implementation, and training of purchasing procedures and policy
- Participate in the Buyout Meetings to prioritize responsibilities for project-specific purchases, leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple projects, and establish a procurement plan for execution of key contracts.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts, purchase orders, consultant agreements & amendments
- Perform analysis and evaluation of vendor quotations, drafting of the vendor contracts, coordination of agreements from internal approvals through execution
- Perform quote comparisons based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the vendor's reputation and history.
- Understand and communicate impacts of market changes, as well as adjust strategies to maintain procurement goals
- Tracking and reporting of all project purchases
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain strategic relationships with key Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Provide guidance and assistance to project teams and estimators
- Other duties as assigned to enhance the operations of the company.
- 3-5 years industry experience in commercial general contracting
- Construction project management, estimating, or procurement experience with projects in the $3MM to $100MM range including CMAR, Design Build, and Lump Sum is preferred
- High level of computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SharePoint, and Access
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors/suppliers
- Demonstrated experience planning, purchasing, and negotiating
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training