Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer - Commercial Construction
at Webber, LLC
- 22-Aug-2019 to 31-Dec-2024 (CST)
- Project Opportunities
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Project Opportunities
The Project Engineer personnel are responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Safety is the number one priority at Pepper Lawson and Project Engineer personnel are expected to promote and exemplify safe work practices. Project Engineer personnel are expected to work with all people in all levels of Project Management and Field Supervision to establish operational priorities and ensure a quality project. Project Engineer personnel are expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both internal and external members of the Project Team and support departments.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs with the support and direction from a Project Executive or Senior Manager
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project budgets with the support and direction from a Project Executive.
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation.
- Ability to utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation
- Perform following duties with support and direction from a Project Executive.
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts
- Plan and schedule projects
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion.
- Perform project closeout.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar, is required.
- Minimum of two or more years of related experience as outlined in this job summary
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and utilize Construction Math concepts
- Valid driver license for occasional, required travel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
- Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.