Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Estimator - Commercial Construction
at Webber, LLC
- 08-Oct-2019 to 31-Dec-2024 (CST)
- Corporate Opportunities
- The Woodlands, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Corporate Opportunities
Job Description: Estimator II - Commercial Division
Location The Woodlands, TX
Pay Range Commiserate with Industry Experience
Schedule Typically Monday through Friday working as many hours as necessary successfully perform the job
Travel Domestic travel may be required
The position of an Estimator II will analyze, prepare and review bids for building construction including earthwork, utilities and amenities. Experience being estimator on large ($35 mm plus) estimates.
Regular Job Duties
- Access cost effectiveness of products, projects or service.
- Track actual costs relative to bids as the project develops. Track actual commodities pricing for items that may impact cost before bid or during buy-out phase.
- Consult with clients, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss project and formulate strategies, estimates and resolve conflict issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review plans and specifications for general building code compliance and standard industry practices.
- Administer all correspondence required during bidding phase of project including but not limited to: Plans, Specifications, Bid Forms, Insurance, Bonding, RFI's and Addenda's.
- Administer full cycle take-offs and pricing, subcontractor coordination, evaluation of skills, bid preparation and submittal of bid.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare sub-bid analysis documents for use by project team in qualifying sub-bids and material.
- Prepare electronic estimates including preliminary cost information
- Prepare documentation and estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Provide leadership to others through example and by sharing knowledge and skill.
- Maintain a highly organized work environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Complete post-bid analysis after bid for lessons learned and problems that were encountered.
- Train and development less experienced estimators
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned.
- Experience in all delivery methods - Hard Bid, CSP, CM@R, CMGC and Design Build.
- 4 (Four) or more years of experience on all aspects of building construction with exposure to at least three different market segments Commercial, K-12, Higher Education, Medical or Industrial.
- Preference given for a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or similar degree. A minimum Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology
- Moderate level of proficiency operating Primavera 6.
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Valid driver license for occasional, required travel
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.