Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Advisory Services Associate I
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in eleven offices from coast to coast.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at www.weaver.com.
An IT Advisory Services Associate I is responsible for assisting with the execution of various engagement objectives within assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate an increasing understanding of business operations and supporting information systems
- Perform documentation initiatives in assigned areas using the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) and COBIT internal control framework
- Works closely with Senior Associates and Managers to identify and resolve issues encountered in executing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication
- Maintains appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions
- Research issues and best practices and make recommendations
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Master's degree or further education in information systems auditing preferred
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant field preferred
- CISA or CISA candidate, CISSP or CISSP candidate, CIA or CIA candidate, and/or CPA or CPA candidate
- 0 - 1 years or more experience in public accounting, external audit, internal audit, information technology and/or staff accountant responsibilities
- Knowledge of IT controls and how they impact the control environment
- Knowledge of COBIT, COSO and related frameworks preferred
- Basic understanding of Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 and the role that information technology plays in compliance
- Basic understanding of systems infrastructure and security, connectivity, remote access, and data mining
- Basic understanding of financial reporting, transaction cycles and business processes
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer