Walter P Moore
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer/Engineer - Water Resources
at Walter P Moore
- Req Number
- Experienced Roles
Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineer to join the Water Resources Engineering team. In this position, the projects will have an emphasis on hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design of channels, storm sewers, detention basins, flood control, and other hydraulic structures and systems. Qualified candidates should possess project management skills, be experienced in preparation of reports, plans, profiles, specifications, and estimates for construction, as this will be an important aspect of the position and should be experienced in or have a desire to be involved in the business development activities of the group with support from senior leaders. Projects may be related to site or land development, hydrologic and hydraulic studies and hydraulic design.
Additional requirements and position responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians in the performance of H&H related projects
- Sound knowledge of frequently used software such as HEC programs, XP-SWMM, MOUSE, etc.
- Sound technical skills, especially in the area of water resources engineering
- Good communication and organizational skills, especially technical writing
- Knowledge in the development of construction documents, plans, and specifications
- Related local experience a plus
- Working knowledge of GIS is a plus
- Utilizing sound technical knowledge, especially in the areas of water resources engineering analysis and design
- Working with the WRE team to identify and pursue water resources opportunities
- Developing a national network of clients and consultant alliances to position the WRE group
- PE in Texas preferred (or ability to obtain within a reasonable time frame)
- PE in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri will also be considered
- MS in Civil Engineering with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources or related field
- 8+ years of relevant national projects experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in growing a water resources practice
- Working knowledge and understanding of local design codes and standards
- Existing client network a plus
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructural challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 600+ professionals working across 20 US offices and 5 international locations.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.