Walter P Moore
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graduate Engineer - Structural
at Walter P Moore
- Req Number
- Entry Level Roles
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 600+ professionals work across 20 U.S. offices and five international locations.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to join our Houston office, Structures group, in the role of a Graduate Engineer. This individual will be responsible for
- Assist with design drawings, specifications, quantities, cost estimates, reports and other project deliverables while working with the structures team
- Perform structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel or other miscellaneous structures
- Prepare technical studies and reports
- Assisting in developing reports for new structures projects
- Coordinate effort with clients for new and existing projects
- Gather and record information to be used for writing specifications
- Assist with construction administrative tasks
In this position, the individual will be required to work closely with a team of Structural Engineers and/or Project Managers and other Graduate Engineers. A willingness to work in a team environment, following the standards we have in place is a must. A “can-do”, customer-service attitude is crucial.
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.