Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefits Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
The Benefits Compliance Specialist is a highly responsible, detail-oriented individual who ensures compliance for Questco client companies’ Health and Welfare plans. This professional will ensure data accuracy and timely inputs into our HRSS system. This position requires an individual who can successfully partner with the Benefits Department, Compliance/Retirement Services and the Benefits Accounting Department to achieve an overall goal of data accuracy, minimal premium loss and timely delivery of compliance notices.
Specific Job Expectations include
- Responsible for setting up benefit plans in our HRSS system (PrismHR) to ensure accurate billing and premium rates.
- Assist the Benefits Compliance Manager in setting up electronic new hire, open enrollment and/or qualifying life event workflows in PrismHR.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining WrapSPDs, partnering with the Benefits Administration Team to distribute according to the guidelines set under ERISA.
- Responsible for monitoring Questco’s COBRA/State Continuation processes to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining annual compliance notices (i.e. Medicare Part D, etc.) and partnering with the Benefits Administration Team to distribute according to the guidelines set under ERISA.
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of the ACA Forms 1095C and 1094C by partnering with the Benefits Administration Team to ensure timely delivery.
- Assist the Benefits Compliance Manager in running periodic audits to ensure data integrity.
- Assist the Benefits Compliance Manager and Benefits Accounting Department in ensuring timely reconciliation and resolution of benefit related variances.
- Assist the Benefits Department and/or Compliance Retirement Services Department with requests for benefit reporting.
- Complete with excellence all other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional and respectful approach with clients and teammates
- Accuracy of work and punctual per any assigned schedule
- Timely completion of all administrative duties for timesheets and expense reports, as applicable
- Partners with all internal departments to help improve client retention
- Fosters an inclusive environment and collaborative approach with teammates
- Always act with integrity, abide by our Code of Ethics, Core Values and employee handbook
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Health and Welfare administration and related products is preferred
- Prior PEO experience preferred, preferably in 401k/Benefits
- Experience with Adobe and intermediate to advanced Excel skills to include v-lookups, macros and pivot table
- Detailed oriented and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to handle sensitive client situations gracefully
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with the ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and its clients
Physical Requirements, Language Skills:
- Must be able to work flexible schedules when needed to support business needs
- Frequent viewing of computer terminal with wrist/finger movement to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- Requires sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. periodically
- Bend, reach, pull, stoop, and push are all elements of physical activity for this position
- Fluency in English – speak, read and write
- None expected