Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Viking Group
- TX H
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
2nd Shift! Full Time!
Welder performs repetitive or routine duties while operating required equipment to move, weld, and apply certification stamp to pipe. Position requires knowledge of all welding processes and acceptable standards set by the industry.
- Welder manually moves pipe in and out of weld machinery.
- Operate weld and plasma machine in order to apply welded outlet to desired pipe.
- Welder operates hand held weld gun to apply reweld as specified.
- Apply certification stamp to weld area using metal stamp and hammer.
- Welder moves pipe along table to off load onto pipe carts to transfer finished goods.
- Push carts of pipe to load area for loading purposes. Operates pneumatic bander to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Welder completes training curriculum including but not limited to safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
- Minimum of 3 years in a production multitask environment while under time constraints.
- Previous welding experience helpful with the ability to become certified.
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals with the ability to read a tape measure in increment.