Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oil Recovery Operator- Sweeny, TX
at Veolia North America
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers and chemical feed.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications.
- Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure.
- Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor and takes corrective actions.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs housekeeping as required.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Performs field tests in order to pace chemical dosages for process.
- Samples wastewater, sludge and gases according to schedule.
- Performs routine lab tests.
- 12 hour rotating shift (6 on, 3 off / 6:00 AM-6:00 PM, then 6:00 PM-6:00 AM)
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Wear required personnel protective equipment including; gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 30 lbs. and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Sit periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp.
- Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms, and uneven surfaces.
- Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
- Enter and exit industrial vehicles and equipment without assistance.
- Work in confined spaces.