Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laboratory Technician I - Port Arthur
at Veolia North America
LAB TECHNICIAN 1
Responsible for performing routine tasks and analyses on hazardous waste samples in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. May perform specialized analysis under the direction of a Chemist to support applied quality assurance and control procedures. Maintains the laboratory as directed for compliance with company hygiene plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct all login procedures, both manual and electronic, of samples delivered to the laboratory, ensures proper labeling and paperwork.
• Sub-sample a variety of waste materials, process and product samples and follows proper analytical methods required for compliance in accordance with established guidelines and training.
• Conduct sample analysis on sub-samples per methods and procedures established by training and knowledge of analysis plans. Conducts QA/QC sample analysis and calibrations.
• Ensure proper written and electronic documentation of all test results including QA/QC and audits sample documents prior to approval and completeness of summarizing data. Notifies appropriate supervision or staff member of completed analysis.
• Prepare reagent solutions, standards and other laboratory solutions as directed by supervisor or lead technician per guidance and training.
• Maintenance of analytical equipment and documents in accordance with quality assurance and control compliance.
• Gather appropriate paperwork for management approvals and notifies staff of any incomplete sections needing attention. Assists in compiling and reporting of analysis date including QA/QC data for review by staff.
• Perform periodic audits of analytical logs to ensure regulatory compliance for completeness and accuracy.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
•High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
•Minimum d of A.A. degree in Chemistry or equivalent laboratory experience required.
•Bachelor’s degree in science discipline with a working knowledge of Chemistry preferred
•24 hour OSHA HAZWOPPER training preferred.
•24-Hour HAZWOPER Training
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
•Strong team player
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
•Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
•Strong customer service orientation