Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Specialist - Baytown, TX
at Veolia North America
With nearly 200,000 employees worldwide, be part of a team that provides water, environmental and energy management solutions that contribute directly to the sustainable development and competitiveness of people, businesses and industry. We look for employees that seek opportunities to learn, grow and advance. At Veolia, innovation is not only welcomed but embraced.
Veolia is a full-service industrial and hazardous waste service company. Its services include in-plant management of waste for major industrial companies. Veolia’s Port Arthur, Texas facility operates a hazardous waste incinerator for the storage, treatment and disposal of waste streams. Our Baytown location provides service for our customers located in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. The Baytown office specializes in: Lab Chemical Services, On-Site Services, Transportation, Household Hazardous Waste, Radioactive Waste Management, Reactive Chemicals, Remediation, Training Services, Specialty Services, Drum Management, Incineration, Fuels Blending and Recycling.
Environmental Specialist - Non Degreed
An Environmental Specialist provides dedicated disposal and transportation of waste streams to our clients. An Environmental Specialist arrives at client sites, evaluates waste streams to be shipped, samples the material to create a profile in order to ensure adherence to state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations, manifest, label, pack, load/unload waste into vans for transportation, and coordinate the transportation of waste to disposal sites. This position involves over the road driving and overnight stays to support client sites across the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
• Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
• Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
• Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
• Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate and maintain all equipment in a professional manner to
ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
• 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred
• Outdoor work; confined space entry
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous (H) endorsement
At Veolia, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer exceptional career-development opportunities as well as the potential to work in other destinations where our organization has a presence.
In addition to an exciting, dynamic workplace, here are some of the benefits we offer:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Long- and short-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefit plans
• Voluntary group legal
• Adoption reimbursement
• College-savings plan
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employer matched 401(k) plan
• Paid time off to include vacation, holidays, sick and personal
• Employee referral program
• Incentive bonus programs
• Domestic and international mobility opportunities
• Sick days
• Personal days