Varian Medical Systems, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Varian Medical Systems, inc.
We're driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.
Works at the clinic site in collaboration with the Cancer Care Leadership to ensure high quality and safe interpretation, delivery, operation, and monitoring of radiation safety policies, procedures, standards, and equipment for Radiation Oncology Services. Responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality radiation therapy while providing workers with the proper education and training and oversight to minimize radiation exposure. Implements and abides by Customer Service Standards. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family-Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Calibration of dose meters (including dosimetric inter-comparisons for QA) and radiation equipment (accelerator monitor unit calibration) Beam data acquisition for treatment planning
- Preparation of data for treatment planning systems Development/improvement of dose measurement systems and protocols and software for dosimetry purposes (including spreadsheets and databases)
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and organizational regulations for radiation safety.
- Participates in development of organizational Performance Improvement activities, policies and procedures, standards of practice to meet required regulatory requirements.
- Leads Acceptance testing and commissioning of new machines and acceptance testing and re-commissioning after major maintenance
- Performs individual treatment planning, dosimetry calculations, and treatment planning reviews (physics component)
- Provides physics consultation to all radiation oncology personnel and radiation oncologist concerning aspects of patient care and treatment
- Ensure routine verification of department treatment planning system.
- Collaborate with information services department, provides software management of department planning system
- Assists in the planning and shielding calculations for new radiation facilities and programs.
- Interprets and prepares documentation summary of regulatory changes for integration into departmental operations
- Provides dosimetry checks following source changes.
- Assists with the selection and acquisition of sources for permanent implant techniques
- In collaboration with department director and Physics director is responsible for clinical education, training, and competency evaluations for medical physics, Dosimetry, and therapy staff.
- M.S. or PhD (preferred) in Medical Physics, or closely related field, required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years graduate physics experience in a program of similar size with computerized treatment planning and comparable computerized simulator/accelerator required.
- Computer system administration experience with patient record and verify database applications preferred.
- Experience with High Dose Rate (HDR) program preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Certification in Radiation Oncology Physics by the American Board of Radiology, the American Board of Medical Physics (ABR or ABMP) or other appropriate certifying body preferred.
- Must apply for and maintain relevant State licensing and/or registration as required for working as a medical physicist at the clinical site and to do so in a timely manner. #LI-OS1
When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. Join Varian’s Oncology Systems team, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer.
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work – every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people’s lives. You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.