Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Painter position in our CorroCote Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual to prepare products and assist with the application of CorroCote which offers superior protection for direct-embedded structural steel, transmission poles, and cellular towers. Must have keen attention to detail and understand the importance quality for products/services we provide our customers. Additionally, you will…
- Clean and set-up paint/corrocote application system
- Maintain and operate painting/corrocote equipment safely
- Ensure high quality products and perform visual quality checks
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Be aware of potential environmental and safety implications and notify management immediately of any concerns
- Adjusts valves on equipment to regulate pressure and spray throughput
- Keep all spray nozzles clean/well-maintained for quality finishing
- Directs nozzle over surface of large parts until prescribed areas are thoroughly protected from the elements
- Examines finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
What it takes
- Minimum six months experience in painting or corrocoting large metal items such as poles.
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- Must understand containment requirements as established by the EPA and the company
- Must be able to work in noisy, high-temperature conditions
- Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs. on occasion), stooping, reaching, pulling, standing, pushing, and grasping are required
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a spray painting or corrocote position
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.