Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Database Developer with Cloud - Full Time - Houston, TX in Houston, TX at Vaco
A Vaco Technology client is seeking an experienced Database Engineer in SW Houston, TX for a full-time opportunity. This role will work with business users and members of the technical team on the design and development of highly scalable Databases, and ETL processes. The position requires an understanding of common Data Warehouse architecture, design, development, and deployment of Business Intelligence systems.
- Develop and implement technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities
- Develop and ensure adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components
- Maintain "common code" libraries, so objects can be shared for all environments (Dev, Test, and Production)
- Document designs and architect data maps, develop data quality components and establish and/or conduct unit tests
- Participate in requirements, design, and development reviews
- Conduct or participate in meetings with owners of key system components to fully understand current data and systems environments
- Assist in production support by resolving source data issues and refining transformation rules
- Analyze source system data and work with technical and business representatives to determine strategies for handling data anomalies that are identified
- Design ETL processes and develop source-to-target data mappings, integration workflows, and load processes that assist in implementing enterprise-class data warehousing solutions
- Use extract, transform, and load data through development, testing, and integration of ETL routines, using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary
- Assist in writing unit test cases when necessary
- Provide data analysis and technical documentation for both source and target mappings
- Identify problems, develop ideas, and propose solutions within differing situations requiring analytical, evaluative, or constructive thinking in daily work
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience developing ETL code
- High level of SQL language proficiency with common database platforms, such as SQL Server, ProgreSQL. Strong skills in one of the leading ETL tools, jobs logging and management. SSIS, SQL, stored procedures. T-SQL, pgsql, MySQL, stored procedures, performance tuning, indexing, partitioning.
- Working knowledge of BI architecture and data warehousing concepts is a plus
- Any exposure to pulling data from Salesforce, Amazon AWS a strong plus.
- Postgres, Redshift and MySQL.
- Design skills: OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehousing (Star schema), Enterprise Production Data Store, and data cubes.
***PLEASE NOTE, we are unable to accept resumes from 3rd party or c2c. This role is a full time, direct hire role. US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.***