U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Helpdesk Technician I
at U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Job ID
- Company Name
- US Physical Therapy and OPR Management
U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. ("USPh"), which was founded in 1990, is a publicly held company which operates 590+ outpatient physical and/or occupational therapy clinics in 42 states. The Company's clinics provide post-operative care for a variety of orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, treatment for neurologically-related injuries, rehabilitation of injured workers and preventative care.
We are seeking a highly energetic individual to join our exciting company as a Help Desk Support Technician Level One. The individual chosen will need to be flexible as we have varied shifts. This role will be based out of our West Houston, TX corporate office.
Job Summary: The Help Desk Support Technician Level 1 will provide first level technical support to end users. Respond to telephone calls and email for technical support. Document, track and monitor support requests to ensure a timely resolution.
The Help Desk Support Technician 1 will have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures typical within the information systems industry. The analyst will accomplish goals and pre-established guidelines by relying on instruction and established documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Must be able to install various applications.
- Shipping, receiving, asset tagging all hardware.
- Must be able to follow all policies and procedures.
- First level support: password resets, toner and basic printer/scanner maintenance and installation, basic hardware and software repair a must.
- Processes all new requests (i.e. Track-It) and assigns requests to the proper queue.
- Must be able to determine, based on complexity and time on a support issue, when to escalate to the Help Desk Team Lead.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic networking and hardware issues.
- Must be able to image and deploy laptops and desktops to the field and local Houston location.
- Answer support phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- The ability to assist and complete IT Department projects.
- Must be able to close a minimum of 15 work orders a day.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to configure networking equipment and software.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed.
Interpersonal skills require the ability to follow policies and procedures for first level support requests.
Oral communication requires a clear speaking voice, the ability to respond well to questions. Ability to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner is a must.
Must have working knowledge troubleshooting application installations and building computers. Ideal applicant would have past experience working with remote employees over the phone.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 Professional, Microsoft Office desktop applications.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Manual dexterity in typing and using the 10-key calculator is required.
~A valid driver's license is required and any employment offers are contingent upon a clear background check to include one or more of the following: Criminal, Credit, Driving and Government Exclusions.
~We do look for stable past work history and previous work experience in the role.
~ Candidates must currently reside locally. No relocation is offered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No employment agency calls please!