Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
- # of Openings Remaining
The primary job duty of the Cook is to prep, prepare, and serve meals according to the planned meal schedule and maintain a clean, sanitized, and safe work environment in accordance to Agency policies, licensing standards, and other federal, state, county, and local regulatory requirements.
- Prep, prepare, and serve planned meals according to proper preparation methods
- Prepare meals and delivery of meals in accordance to the Child Adult Food Care Program (CACFP); use proper tools and methods to calibrate thermometers prior to the start of meal preparation
- Ensure the proper amount of food is available for scheduled meal service
- Assist other kitchen staff with the serving of meals; control portions to eliminate waste and leftovers; properly label, date, and store leftovers
- Maintain an appropriate food supply (inventory), making shopping lists and meal planning
- Maintain meal production records in accordance with CACFP
- Ensure the proper rotation of stock supplies
- Monitor all cooking, storage, and working areas to ensure they are safe and properly sanitized
- Properly dispose of refuse; assist with the management of maintaining fresh food products
- Put away and properly store and stock food items and supplies upon delivery
- Assist with making a shopping list and shopping of needed food items and supplies
- Strip, wash, and sanitize cooking equipment, dishes, and utensils and per department standards and put away in proper place daily; ensure all kitchen areas, dishes, and related equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each shift; use cleaning products as prescribed and in accordance to safety guidelines
- Ensure all kitchen and related equipment is cleaned, sanitized, and is good operating condition at all times
- Report any problems or issues with residents or safety and sanitization concerns to the Kitchen Manager in a timely manner
- All other duties and special projects as assigned
- Under center leadership supervision ensure operations are effectively and efficiently supporting and meeting the health and nutritional needs of the residents and the program is meeting established goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, staff, other departments (programs), volunteers, and vendors to ensure the program is meeting the needs of the residents and the program is providing a quality food service program
- Work as team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-year food services or kitchen experience
- Current Food Manager’s permit/certification
- Working knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures required by city, state, and county health department regulations
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong people and interpersonal skills with the ability to work diverse groups of people
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 1-year experience in food services industry
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
- This position requires constant bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, and reaching, frequent walking, sitting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Position works in a child facility and will have constant exposure to children
- Lift, push, pull, move up to 100 lbs.
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing this position the employee with or without reasonable accommodation should have the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, speak, and hear with aid, see, read, reach with arms and hands, lift and/or move up to specified weight, and use equipment that is essential to performing the job, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile, if applicable. Specific vision requirements of this position may include color vision, seeing things close up, and the ability to adjust focus.
The statements herein indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of the job and may request the employee to perform other duties and responsibilities not listed at his/her discretion. This job description is not a contract between the employee occupying the position and the employer. Upbring is an at-will employer. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status