University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Student Affairs
at University of Houston Downtown
Serving as a member of the UHCL Core Leadership Team, the Vice President for Student Affairs reports to the President and provides leadership, strategic vision, organization and administrative oversight of campus-wide programs, services, and operations for the following units and functional initiatives/areas: Career Services; Student Housing and Residential Life; Counseling Services; Campus Recreation and Wellness; Health Services; Dean of Students; Orientation and New Student Programs; Student Diversity; Equity and Inclusion; Student Government; Student Assistance Center; Student Conference for Research and Creative Arts; Student Life; Student Publications; Veteran Services; International Student Programs; and Student Affairs Committees.
1. Posses an excitement and a passion for working with students and who are committed to student learning and student success.
2. Ability to demonstrate success in developing and enhancing student-centered initiatives and engaging diverse student groups to support an enriched, inclusive campus community.
3. Qualities include leadership experience in student development and learning, university-wide strategic planning, and knowledge of metrics to assess student outcomes associated with learning goals of programs and activities.
4. Strong organizational and communication skills.
5. Master's degree in a related field.
A successful history of supervising and mentoring staff, enhancing residential life, and engaging the campus community to maximize the student experience will be beneficial, and bilingual communication skills.
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter addressing the aforementioned qualifications and a curriculum vitae/resume to RPA Inc. at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion about this opportunity or to make a nomination, please call Amanda O'Donnell, Search Consultant, at 800-992-9277. The first review of candidates will begin on February 15, 2019, and first round interviews will commence thereafter.