University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President for University Advancement
at University of Houston Downtown
Servingas a member of the UHCL Core Leadership Team, the Vice President for UniversityAdvancement reports to the President and provides visionary leadership for the UniversityAdvancement areas of Development, Alumni Relations, and Theater and Cultural Arts.The Vice President directs the design and implementation of the university advancementstrategic planning and assessment efforts focusing on philanthropic and alumnigoals in support of the university'smission.The successful candidate will collaborate with the Office of Marketing andCommunications and the Office of Strategic Partnerships to develop and maintainmarketing and communication plans and to foster relationships with industrypartners of UHCL, as appropriate, while also working to identify strategicrelationships for the philanthropic needs of Academic and Student Affairs. The VPdirects and coordinates the institution's fund-raising efforts, serves as theuniversity's senior fundraiser, and represents University Advancement and theUniversity in various internal and external settings.
The University seeks candidates who have significant professional advancement experience and comprehensive knowledge of fundraising programs with demonstrated success in progressively responsible advancement leadership roles.
- Applicantswill possess the ability to provide supervision for organizational efficiencyalong with a strong sense of financial accountability for management ofresources with prudence and competence.
- Knowledge of metrics to assess outcomesassociated with goals of philanthropy, membership development, and partnershipgrowth is essential.
- Possess compelling and persuasive written and oralcommunication skills as well as the capacity to build relationships and rapportwith a broad range of constituents.
- A progressive track record of cultivating,soliciting, and stewarding major gifts and overseeing campaigns, specialevents, public relations, and alumni relations is necessary.
- The ability tofoster a formidable relationship with the UH Foundation is also a vitalelement.
- Bachelor's degree.
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter addressing the aforementioned qualifications and a curriculum vitae/resume to RPA Inc. at HoustonVPUA@rpainc.org. For a confidential discussion about this opportunity or to make a nomination, please contact Kendra Mozug, Search Consultant, at HoustonVPUA@rpainc.org or 800-992-9277. The first review of candidates will begin on February 7, 2019, and first round interviews will commence thereafter.