University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Houston Downtown
Provides physical security for a university building.
- Unlocks and locks doors and checks all floors for unsecured doors.
- Monitors entry into the building and maintains sign-in/out log.
- Monitors security cameras and radio traffic; alerts proper personnel of camera malfunctions.
- Answers the telephone and greets visitors; provides information and directions.
- Provides immediate contact with the university's police department in case of an emergency; prepares incident reports.
- May accept parcel packages and deliver them to designated floors or staff.
- May monitor and control entry into a gated parking lot.
- Patrols assigned areas to check for criminal activity, rule violations, and irregularities.
- Performs other job-related duties assigned.
High school and No experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. No experience is required. Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
We offer exceptional benefits:
•Paid Time Off (accrual increases with your service years)
•Sick leave accrual
•Comprehensive free medical coverage for employees (premiums apply for family members)
•Great optional benefits to enhance your medical coverage
•Many on-campus / off-campus employee perks
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. While performing this job the staff member shall:
Environmental: The employee is regularly exposed to inside and outside temperature or weather conditions; potentially hostile environments and extensive public contact. Employees are required to work their various assigned shift, including days, evenings, nights and weekends and may be required to remain at their post for an additional shift. All staff are “essential personnel” and are required to report to work during inclement weather.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in a law enforcement setting and an office setting; restrain or subdue individuals; walk, stand, sit, or run for extended periods of time; occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; occasionally climb and balance; ability to operate and use specialized law enforcement tools and equipment.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and will receive preference for jobconsideration if job qualifications are met.(Please attach a copy of your DD 214.) Salary will be based on years of experience.Military experience will only be considered if Military Police or Security related responsibilities in your job functions.