University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant 1
at University of Houston Downtown
Provides clerical office support to office staff by performing routine duties such as typing, filing, answering phones, and a variety of other office duties. Performs a variety of entry level office duties, which typically include one or more of the following
- Preparing and processing purchase vouchers, Service Center Requisitions, travel requests, travel vouchers and purchase requisitions.
- Typing miscellaneous correspondence to staff, faculty, students and external businesses and individuals.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate staff; taking messages.
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and resolving routine problems; referring visitors to appropriate staff.
- Picking up mail and distributing it to staff; assisting with bulk mailing, compiling mailing lists, and preparing out-going mail for pick-up.
- Assisting in preparing personnel and payroll records and maintaining employee time information.
- Creating, retrieving and filing records electronically.
- Assisting undergraduate students with registration, maintaining undergraduate database, maintaining undergraduate files, and other items that pertain to undergraduate students.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 6 months experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.