University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Houston Downtown
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the installation and repair of door hardware, to include; locks, pivots, closers, panic devices and keys, and campus signage.
- Maintains all University key codes and master keys sets on computerized system.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of locksmiths engaged in the installation, repair and maintenance of locks, door closures, desks, file cabinets, and signage.
- Consults with campus personnel in determining their security (key) needs.
- Develops and maintains work schedules, conducts follow-up inspections of completed work; recommends personnel actions and interviews job applicants.
- Maintains shop records, lock/key records, time sheets and other reports as needed by department.
- Conducts safety and training programs to keep employees and department up to date on current procedures and policies.
- Maintains proper tools and equipment required in the performance of the shop duties.
- May serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
High school and 5 years experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
- Valid Locksmith License required
- Experience in electronic access control systems and installation of electronic locking systems and automatic doors preferred but not required.
- Previous higher education experience in facility maintenance is a plus