University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Coordinator 2
at University of Houston Downtown
Participates in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.); plans and executes related activities and administrative functions; provides technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
- Assists development staff, managers and administrators in developing and implementing annual funds and grassroots programs for alumni and other donor constituent groups; participates in and coordinates phone-a-thons, direct mail appeals, membership drives, reunions, special events, etc.
- Develops and prepares acknowledgements, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various advancement activities.
- Plans and conducts meetings, events, and activities to recruit volunteers, build relations with alumni, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Provides guidance and supervision as needed to the UH student foundation and other volunteer student organizations involved in fund-raising and other advancement activities.
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.