University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Department HR/Payroll Coordinator 2
at University of Houston Downtown
Coordinates the payroll operations of a unit in a college or division. Serves as liaison between Human Resources and Payroll. May oversee the activities of clerical support.
- Oversees audits of all payroll paperwork which may include: timesheets, paychecks, payroll reports, and Personal Action Requests (PARs).
- Monitors payroll and human resource functions of a college, division, or unit within.
- May perform monthly verifications of funding for all salaries using various reports.
- Reviews, researches, and corrects various Human Resources reports, Payroll Reports, and financial reports.
- Generates ad hoc payroll reports and advises management on budget shortages and other issues.
- Provides guidance and oversees other HR/Payroll staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The College of Pharmacy at the University of Houston is seeking outstanding candidates to join the college's Central Business Office team. Candidates interested in applying for the position must submit the following documents with the application:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your experience applies to the posting
- Three work references, including current and past supervisors. (Note: References will be contacted only after the recruitment and interview process has been completed. We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with your references).
High school and 5 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Education may be substituted in lieu of experience.
Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.