University of Houston Downtown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Faculty - Special Populations
at University of Houston Downtown
The Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (DELPS) courses are offered as full-time hybrid at the undergraduate, M.Ed. and Ed.D. levels. Our programs are considered online or hybrid in nature, as 100% of the coursework is delivered online or, for hybrid courses, 51% of the coursework is delivered in a face-to-face environment, while 49% is delivered online. We offer multiple programs and certificate options to include: a) Executive Ed.D. in Professional Leadership – Special Populations; b) M.Ed. in Special Populations; c) Certification EC-12 Special Education; Special Education-Supplementary; and Educational Diagnostician; d) BS in Teaching and Learning with Special Education Supplementary; e) an undergraduate minor in Special Populations; and f) a UH certificate in DisABILITY Support. In addition, programs at the graduate level allow participants to pursue a certificate in educational administration (principal) with approval of our colleagues in K-12 Administration.
M.Ed. courses include, but are not limited to: Individuals with DisABILITIES, Human Learning, Measurement, Behavioral Interventions, Instructional Interventions, Collaborative Consultation and Coaching, Assessment, Psychological Processes of Reading, Gifted and Talented, Assistive Technology, Internship and Supervision.
Ed.D. courses include, but are not limited to: Learning Science, Administration and Supervision, Instructional Strategies, Adult Learning, Professional Writing, Collaborative Consultation and Coaching, Educational Statistics, Psychological Processes of Reading, and Research Methods.
Applications for adjunct teaching positions are accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis. Both the Department Chair and Program Directors examine applicants.
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
• Employ a variety of pedagogical strategies focused on engaging adult learners;
• Maintain course-specific records;
• Evaluate student work in a timely manner,
• Provide students with quality feedback as to their advancement toward meeting student learning objectives;
• Prepare to successfully facilitate face-to-face and online instruction; and,
• Deliver the pre-developed course content required for either the Masters or Doctoral degree.
The Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (DELPS) is committed to meeting the needs of its student learners, and thus understands the importance of hiring Adjunct Faculty of the highest quality. As a requirement to begin employment with DELPS, you must complete the following:
• Complete orientation with M.Ed. or Ed.D. Program Director.
• Read M.Ed. or Ed.D. Handbook.
• Work with the University of Houston College of Education (UHCOE) Blackboard specialist to develop an understanding of online learning.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities,women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for an adjunct position in the Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (DELPS), the following requirements must be met:
1. Hold a current Master's or Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university;
2. Demonstrated a history of successful experience in the discipline with particular emphasis on capacity to extend the programs' local and regional network of expertise within the state;
3. Demonstrated competence of assigned course content area(s);
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and a clear understanding of adult learning theory (engaging adult students);
5. Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and district partners; and,
6. Exceptional verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.