Universities Space Research Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Universities Space Research Association
The Financial Analyst will assist the Senior Business Manager and Program Director in the financial planning, budgeting, and execution of program functions including, but not limited to, program financial budgeting/analysis, financial reporting, budget briefings, and tracking and entering funding actions. The Analyst will actively coordinate program actions across the disciplines of finance, contracts, and accounting. The Analyst will have an interpersonal disposition aligned to high frequency interaction with the Business Manager and internal customers and provide program control solutions based on current best practices of the Government and industry.
The Analyst shall ensure funds programmed, committed, and obligated along with the withdrawal of unobligated funds are accurate and tracked to assigned functional areas and projects. On a routine basis, the Analyst will utilize cost/schedule control techniques to track contract cost/schedule and associated variances. Will initiate and organize data for presentation of quarterly program financial review material.
- Financial forecasting, and Government required financial reporting.
- Enters financial information and updates to financial systems,
- Monitors and reports program commitments, obligations, expenditures, contract performance, and program status.
- Prepares, monitors, and updates program requirements and spend plans
- Prepares NASA 533 reports as required
- Analyzes contract expenses, identify financial issues, and implement corrective actions
- Performs financial modeling including direct labor and other direct costs
- Provides assistance to management and customers with interpreting financial reports
- Identifies and resolves problem areas.
- Researches and resolves project level financial issues independently
- Supports new business development through pricing and basis of estimate
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Finance or Accounting from an accredited program
- 3- 5 years of related financial experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Financial aspects associated with administering federal contracts, grants, and subcontracts for cost, T&M, and FFP type orders
- Knowledge of CFR, FAR, DCAA, CAS, DOL regulations etc.
- Experience in building and working with financial models
- Excellent decision making ability, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Accountability, appreciate teamwork and deadline-driven work schedule
- Provide thought leadership and outside the box thinking on analysis and process improvements
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its applications.
- Proficiency in Deltek’s Costpoint web service, or similar tool, is highly desired
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Extensive online usage. This is largely a sedentary role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Applicants should apply to the posting at https://usracareers.silkroad.com/ and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Additional information on USRA can be found at www.usra.edu.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity