Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Dispatcher - Freeport TX - TWIC
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
The SOC Dispatcher will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness.
SOC Dispatchers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include answering phones, monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems and interacting with our client’s facilities managers.
These positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
SOC Dispatchers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Direct and coordinate security personnel and others in response to requests for emergency and miscellaneous security services;
- Monitor and respond to proprietary intrusion, environmental, and fire alarm systems;
- Monitor and respond to proprietary smart closed circuit television systems for events or activity that may require a Security response.
- Provide general assistance and information to facility personnel
- Carry out administrative tasks as may be necessary for the operation of the Communications Center;
- Receive telephone and radio calls requesting emergency or non-emergency security related services and determine and dispatch the appropriate level of security response within facility Security policy and guidelines;
- Coordinate responses of Facility Safety and Security, Facilities Management.
- Monitor man down transmission and activities.
- Contact and Security Management as Appropriate.
- Create and maintain manual and computerized reports, logs, records and data;
- Promulgate schedules of events and building access requirements.
- Perform other such duties as may, from time to time, be necessary.
- SOC Dispatchers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained dispatchers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified in MS Products such as Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
- The SOC Dispatcher will be responsible for the effective and efficient processing of all information relevant to the security operations business. This will include, but is not limited to: effective distribution of all phone calls received, effective distribution of all information received via electronic means (email, intranet, automated service requests, etc.), allocation and assignment of information to the appropriate department or individual and effective documentation of information received and processed.
One year related experience including familiarity with communication technology and call-taking techniques. Additional education may be considered for some work experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Must possess excellent people skills and an ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably in telephone and radio communications. Must be able to function effectively in a highly-charged work environment under stressful emergency conditions. Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows computer environment.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office components is desirable
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to function effectively for extended periods in a seated position with periodic short breaks provided. Must have unrestricted use of both hands. Must possess full hearing capabilities.
Previous security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Texas Business License B15802