Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician - Sugar Land, TX - 727350
at UnitedHealth Group
Be part of our next training class by applying today! OptumRx consists of smart, motivated teams with great chemistry so join us and take the first steps towards your new career.
OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. OptumRx is leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity. OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those members filling monthly prescriptions by gathering the data and analyzing the impact they have on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work. (SM)
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for prescription order entry, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (Monday-Friday 7:00am-10:30pm and rotating Saturdays 8:00am-5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 13131 S.Dairy Ashford, Suite 500, Sugar Land, TX 77478.
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details/clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals/denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required timeframes
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc
- Start of employment is contingent upon successful state Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration
- 1 year of pharmacy/prescription data entry experience preferred
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, and Licensed TX Pharm Tech