Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Research Analyst - Sugar Land, TX
at UnitedHealth Group
The Security Services arm of UnitedHealthcare Global, located in Houston, Texas, provides a number of Travel Security services, including traveler tracking, emergency response, secure transportation, and intelligence assessments, and monitoring to some of the world's top companies and institutions.
- Position provides primary support for the Intelligence division and company overall during overnight, weekend, and holiday hours. Specific shift hours vary; overnight shifts generally run from 6PM to 6AM.
- Provide consistent and constant monitoring of world news and events and ensure that proper protocols are followed.
- Produce intelligence reports and other related products. Products include, but are not limited to, online global databases, customized trip security reports, worldwide incident monitoring reports, special reports, daily security event summaries and more.
- Serve as the primary interface for company during off hours; promote a customer-oriented business work ethic.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills appropriate for this position and the business environment. The ability to condense information quickly and present analysis and conclusions in an efficient, logical manner. Must be able to think in the lens of what clients and travelers need.
- Ability to follow protocols in emergency, rapidly developing situations.
- Ability to multi - task efficiently under fluid and sometimes stressful situations is essential.
- Must articulate well with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from an Accredited University or College with a defined focus on International Affairs, Security / Intelligence Issues or other related Humanities or Social Studies field, or High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with 5 years of experience providing Geopolitical Intelligence for a Business or Government entity
- Excellent writing skills for a business environment (writing test will be administered - in person interview is contingent upon completion and satisfactory results as determined by the hiring manager)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (ability to filter, sort, create, and edit spreadsheets)
- Proficiency within Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit decks)
- Ability to work primary shift hours of evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays (rotating schedule - mixture of different schedules Monday - Friday from 5PM to 5AM, and on Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays 5AM to 5PM, 40 hours a week)
- Master's Degree (or higher) from an Accredited University or College with a defined focus on International Affairs, Security / Intelligence Issues, or other related field
- Foreign Language skills
- Previous International travel or residency outside the United States
- Experience using social media to track global developments
- Strong knowledge of and interest in current, International Affairs at a global or regional level
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 17organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and buildingthe industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution.Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession withdriving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is servingemployers and individuals, states and communities, Military families andVeterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources ofan industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second tonone. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's bestwork.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an EqualEmployment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disabilitystatus, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required topass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, international affairs, security,geopolitical intelligence, intelligence reports, foreign languages