United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rad Tech PRN Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Greater Heights
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
This position is an opportunity for a dynamic Radiology Technologist to join a top-notch, surgically-focused hospital that performs over 11,000 procedures a year. This Radiology Technologist shall demonstrate first class customer service.
1.Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology, outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and arthrography.
2.Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
3.Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
4.Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
5.Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
6.Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
7.Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of previous management experience preferred.
- AART Registered and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.