United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN PACU RN/LVN (OVERNIGHT)
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Plans, coordinates, and oversees care for patients of any age in PACU department. Provides care within nursing standards of practice and the policies of the Center. Makes decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates appropriate information to other team members. May have additional responsibilities as designated by the manager, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement audits, and projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows and adheres to policies of the Center and demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
- Follows policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for perioperative nursing care according to accepted standards.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates pre and post operative nursing care for patients based on individual, specific patient needs, and according to physician’s orders.
- Organizes and prepares medical records of patients. Documents care appropriately and fully. Follows up on missing data and other patient care needs.
- Maintains and demonstrates current skills and knowledge of intravenous therapy, medication administration and effects, patient assessment, airway maintenance, patient teaching, emotional/social support of patients and families, and other needed clinical competencies.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
- Actively participates in appropriate committee and CQI activities.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Uses good body mechanics.
- Informs PACU Manager of applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Currently licensed in the state. CPR required, advanced life support certification required. One year experience required intra-operative setting. Demonstrates clinical competency, leadership, and teaching capabilities. Physically and emotionally capable of performing responsibilities of position.