United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Clerk FT TOPS Surgical Specialty Hosptial (NW Houston)
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Responsible for providing support to the Health Information Management department. Health Information Personnel are ultimately responsible for the preparation, storage, filing, statistical reporting, security, and confidentiality of the medical records and its contents. Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing breast imaging services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
- Participates in development of Policies and Procedures within the department.
- Adhere to the laws and regulations that governs the field of Health Information and HIPPA laws and guidelines regarding confidentiality.
- Perform high quality work.
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and notify all pertinent team members in a timely manner.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures as defined by Infection Control.
- Responsible for working with patients and provider offices to complete necessary release for information documentation in accordance to department protocols and HIPPA standards.
- Must be able to compile, process, and maintain medical records of patients with a high degree of accuracy in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the healthcare system.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical records to include completing documentation for incoming CD’s, uploading discs, logging imaging exams in the system, requesting medical records as needed.
- Responsible for processing both phone and faxed requests for medical records, to include printing images and/or putting images on CD from PACS, gathering reports, completing documentation for all incoming and outgoing films/ CDs.
- Route all incomplete medical records to the deficient party so that they may be completed and filed in a timely manner.
- Works with customers to ensure records are prepared in a timely manner for pick up and release.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas by following established routing procedures.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources: interacting with the registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from systems.
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs and communicate problems according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the various computer systems used at facility.
- Assists in answering incoming calls for a high volume phone queue.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Plan.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Follow the Center's professional conduct and dress code policy.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs, patients and employees.
- Assists with other responsibilities of center as deemed necessary by management.
Job Quality Requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Quality Focus
- Little supervision needed to accomplish tasks
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Great attitude
- CPR Certification
- Proficient typing/ keyboarding skills
- One year of experience in a hospital or customer service setting