United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mammography Tech Full Time TOPS Surgical Specialty Hospital (NW Houston)
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Responsible for performing high quality breast imaging examinations. He/she will strive to minimize patient wait time in the department and will do his/her best to educate patients/families about procedures being performed. Demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing breast imaging services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
- Travel to all locations is required (Red Oak, The Woodlands, Willowbrook and Kingwood)
- Participates in development of Policies and Procedures within the department.
- Perform all breast imaging procedures as written in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Perform high quality work.
- Perform quality control functions related to Breast Imaging.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and notify all pertinent team members in a timely manner.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures as defined by Infection Control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical records to include completing documentation for incoming CD’s, uploading discs, logging imaging exams in the system, requesting medical records as needed.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources: interacting with the registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from systems.
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs and communicate problems according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the various computer systems used at facility.
- Assists in answering incoming calls for a high volume phone queue.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Plan.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Follow the Center's professional conduct and dress code policy.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs, patients and employees.
- Assists with other responsibilities of center as deemed necessary by management.
- Cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians
- Ability to promote favorable facility image with physicians, patients, insurance companies, and general public
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Great attitude
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Medical Radiologic Technologist License by Texas (TDH/ TMB)
- Registered by ARRT and Mammography registry eligible.
- CPR Certification
- Proficient typing/ keyboarding skills
Registered in Mammography by the ARRT