Turner Industries Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver - Equipment/ Crane Transportation
at Turner Industries Group
- 06-Aug-2019 to 05-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Pasadena, TX, USA
- Full Time
Turner Industries is looking for Truck Drivers to join our Crane and Rigging group in the Houston, TX area. Must have a Class A CDL License, TWIC, and experience pulling flatbed and lowboy trailers. Heavy Haul, Hazmat endorsement, and multiples experience preferred.
Inspect product load for accuracy, and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery. Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered trucks, cars, or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas. Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams and swivel-hooks, hoists, and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, and stack material. Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas. Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles. Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank. Signal workers to discharge, dump, or level materials.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Pre-employment qualification test/federal written driving test
- D.O.T. drug screen/card
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation (20/40 vision, with or without correction, required)
- Job site orientation
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the work place
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT TURNERCOMMUNICATIONS@TURNER-INDUSTRIES.COM BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST