Turner Industries Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medic / EMT
at Turner Industries Group
- 16-Oct-2019 to 15-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Pasadena, TX, USA
- Full Time
Turner Industries Group is currently accepting resumes for an experienced Medic for a full-time position in it's Pasadena, TX Personnel office.
- 40 Hour work week, some Overtime
- 1-4 years of medical experience
- EMT certification highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must have a valid drivers license
General Job Description:
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of Medical Supervisor. Primary
duties may include taking vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing
blood, drug and alcohol screening, and fit testing. Other duties may include maintaining confidential
information in employee files, front desk check-in or check-out functions, as well as providing back-up
coverage for front desk staff, as required.
Prepare treatment rooms for employee examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean; ensures
compliance with company policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulatory
guidelines; performs eye examinations and escorts employees to examination rooms and prepare
them for the practitioner; interviews employees to obtain medical information and measure their vital
signs, weight, and height; records employees medical history, vital statistics, and information such as
test results in their folder and electronically in company database; performs random drug test sessions
on job sites and helps direct employees to employee assistance programs; screens applicants for
employment through drug and alcohol analysis; assist practitioner during examine and treatment of
employees; clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies; attend meetings and
in-services as required; prepares a variety as requested by the Medical Supervisor; responsible for all
area employment advertising; performs additional assignments as required.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent GED. Medical Assistant, EMT/Paramedic, or other
medical related certification preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a medical assistant, EMT/Paramedic, or other medical related
occupation in a healthcare setting. Occupational medicine experience preferred.
- General knowledge of medical procedures plus ability to organize and coordinate personnel; able to
work with little or no supervision
- Knowledge of equal employment laws, regulations and trends in the construction industry
- Knowledge of business machines, computers and/or menu driven applications. May be required to
have knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft programs and other various software.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Post offer drug screen and signed acceptance of the Turner Industries Group, LLC Drug, Alcohol and
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others
in the work place
Employee may be required to do the following: reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating
objects and machines; lifting from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, etc.;
standing; sitting; walking; bending; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without
correction; following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; following oral
and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards; providing
personal assistance, emotional support or other care to other coworkers and patients, and requires
being sensitive to others' needs and feelings.
Work Environment Factors:
- Location: office environment; may be required to travel and/or visit various job sites
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site: none
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site: predominately indoor climate
- Seriousness of Errors: attention to detail, thoroughness in work tasks; it is vital to perform tasks with
exact or high accuracy
- Hazards: typically minimal but may include some exposure to bodily fluids or hazardous wastes
- Conflict Management: must maintain composure, controlling emotions/anger, and avoiding
aggressive behavior in difficult conditions
- Dependability: may be required to work call out schedule along with the required daily schedule
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT TURNERCOMMUNICATIONS@TURNER-INDUSTRIES.COM BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.