Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales (Account) Representative
at TTI, inc.
Our Houston branch is searching for an Inside Sales (Account) Representative to join the team. The Inside Sales (Account) Representative sells company products and services via telephone, internet, and e-mail by working with our Field Sales, Product Management, and Sales Management teams to increase customer penetration and sales opportunities. The Account Representative will be responsible for handling customer inquiries and quote requests promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. We’re looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry and a professional who understands the value of results-driven customer service.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, TTI, Inc. is the world’s leading authorized distributor of passive, connector, electromechanical and discrete components. Just celebrating its 48th anniversary, this Berkshire Hathaway company is ever-growing and has over 100 locations in North America, Europe, and Asia! Join a winning team in a growing global organization!
What our Inside Sales (Account) Representatives do:
- Sells products and services including product lines, AIM programs, quality, and value-added services.
- Provide price and delivery quotes within the customer timeline to customers within the assigned geographic territory by working with the branch or corporate product manager and the manufacturers to get the most competitive pricing.
- Process the customer’s order by entering it into the sales database for quote processing and delivery schedules. Requires eye for detail, proofreading for accuracy, and maintaining quality expectations.
- Expand product knowledge by utilizing all resources including product literature, factory representatives, product managers, sales managers, and other sales representatives to be able to discuss product options with customers and sell TTI strengths.
- Participates in the TTI Total Quality process by following defined policies and procedures to maintain an efficient sales cycle, following logical and systematic approaches, while the goal being to reduce sales errors and uphold quality to the highest level.
- Increases customer account base by compiling a list of prospective customer leads from various sources and makes cold calls.
- Provides management with information regarding sales, marketing techniques, new products, and market strategy by preparing forecast and activity reports on account territory.
- Participates and attends sales calls with Field Sales Representatives to develop sales relationships and trust with the customer and TTI. Increased sales are the result of good relationship sales.
What we look for in an Inside Sales (Account) Representative:
- Degree from a four-year university with one to three years of sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years’ experience in the electronic component or related industry.
- Exhibits exceptional knowledge of company products and services.
- Demonstrates persuasiveness, tenacity and strong selling skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to calculate discounts, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence proficiently and professionally.
- Read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Possesses working knowledge of company policies, procedures, and computer systems.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word) at a basic level required.
What we offer our team members:
- A great benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) Medical/ Dental/ Vision, 401(k)/Roth plan with matching, Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Ongoing training throughout your employment with opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities through philanthropic opportunities
- Great culture and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Want to learn more? Visit us at Working at TTI, Inc.
***This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To perform the position, you must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
TTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.