TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Care Representative - Trendmaker (Houston)
at TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Are you interested in joining a company that is celebrating more than 47 years as a premier builder of new homes in Dallas, Houston and Austin in Texas?
Trendmaker is looking for an innovative and energetic individual to join our talented group as a Customer Care Representative in our Houston office.
Position Highlights: To deliver great customer experiences to homeowners, while following company expectations.
- Respond to homeowner issues in a timely, efficient, neat, courteous, professional and appropriate manner - related to warranty items that need repair, within the parameters of the warranty manual, company brand/ division guidelines, and Customer Care department’s policies and procedures (this includes communicating in person, phone, email or text).
- Perform accurate assessments of all service requests submitted by homeowners (to determine what is covered, not covered).
- Build strong relationships and maintain appropriate and regular contact with homeowners, Customer Care Coordinators, and trade partners with updates regarding Customer Care requests, product information and warranty coverage details.
- Conduct follow-up communications with homeowners and trade partners to ensure 100% of all warranty repairs have been completed timely to the homeowner’s satisfaction.
- Actively participate in Eliant Survey reviews and follow up with homeowners and trade partners to increase survey response rates and satisfaction results.
- Perform quality control inspections and homeowner orientation within company guidelines.
- Complete all work orders, orientations/quality walks, purchase orders, and any other Customer Care documents or essential work processes, as assigned, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Control and be responsible for all warranty costs. Understand regular hourly rates and not to exceed amounts. Negotiate with trade partners and/or investigate above normal estimates and invoices. Track individual expenditures in Concur or other accounting programs.
- Work collaboratively with sales and construction team members, attend weekly site team meetings and work with supporting trade partners to deliver quality new homes. Point out any special conditions or issues on existing properties to customers.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date product and home care knowledge to provide feature, function and benefit information to homeowners and set proper maintenance and performance expectations.
- May assist construction team members to ensure the proper preparation and quality control finish of each new home prior to delivery to homebuyers.
- Collaborate with Sales team members to ensure model homes are maintained in excellent condition and are presentable to homebuyers at all times.
- Update Customer Care database and/or IT application systems with scheduling dates, service providers, and other information required.
- Coordinate and schedule trade partners to perform necessary Customer Care repairs in the homeowner’s home. Create and confirm accurate schedules for Customer Care requests that may require more than one trade.
- Thoroughly understand scopes of work and engage trade partners to improve quality and efficiency.
- Perform minor home repairs, adjustments and modifications for homeowners. This may be a scheduled event, or it may occur during a homeowner emergency.
- Track and review industry trends and work with production and purchasing departments on improvement opportunities. Seize opportunities to benchmark and share best practices with other division offices and departments.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, civil and clean work environment within all work sites. Abide by individual employee safety policy’s, stay up to date with jobsite safety training and guidelines, and exercise the courage to intervene and report any unsafe work conditions.
- Regularly review Customer Care reports and data to identify and execute areas for improvement.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 to 6 months of demonstrated experience in home construction including Customer Care or repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years residential, customer care or construction field experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must posses a valid Driver’s License.
- Frequent balancing, standing, walking, sitting, listening and speaking.
- Extensive driving from location to location.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, crawling, lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Trendmaker is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- The company has earned four consecutive years of distinctions from Professional Results in Sales & Marketing (PRISM).
- Over the decades, Trendmaker has defined the concept of home for generations of Texans.
- After over 45 years of solely operating in Houston, Trendmaker expanded into the Austin market and late last year acquired an existing division in Dallas Ft. Worth.
- Trendmaker has delighted Texas families with exceptional homes through their signature concept of higher building standards from the start.
For more information, please visit www.TrendmakerHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.