Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Engineer - Houston Plant
at TPC Group
The Production Engineer is a key role within the organization that will manage production support engineering for a specific product or group of products. The successful candidate will have visibility across many functional groups and will continuously drive to optimize efficiency, reliability, safety/environmental, and cost outcomes.
- Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production.
- Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems.
- Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements.
- Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of engineering work.
- Monitor daily operations, production rates and product quality.
- In collaboration with Process Control, develop process control strategy, maintain DCS code, and ensure that DCS data is maintained.
- Network with other Engineers internal and external to the company; leverage and share plant improvement learnings.
- Identify and evaluate EH&S risks.
- Performs incident investigations and root cause analysis teams.
- Assist with environmental compliance both air and water
- Work with Operations personnel on operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date.
- Communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel.
- Conducts engineering studies.
- Evaluates feasibility and economics of proposed projects.
- Support project managers for proper project execution in all the phases
- Drives the manage of change to ensure all process safety risks are properly addressed
- Participates in PHA teams and provide technical input for process safety information
- Resolves existing or potential production problems which are relatively complex.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Communicate with Production Planning to ensure the production plan can be achieved and any constraints are known.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects and teams to maximum productivity and completion.
- Demonstrates excellence in troubleshooting operating and maintenance issues and formulating effective preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to assimilate information and draw conclusions that are different from others and are likely to lead to operational success if implemented.
- Expertise and leadership in root cause failure analysis and preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates track record of mentoring and developing other people.
- Demonstrated support of business goals, company direction and policy decisions.
- Sets the example for others in areas of technical knowledge, productivity, initiative, and leadership in core values such as safety, environmental compliance, ethics and respectful treatment of people.
- Interest in process management as a career goal.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 7 years of Petrochemical or Refining experience.
- Experience with Distillation is required.
- Experience with ASPEN and other modeling tools
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management is required
- Willingness to provide after-hours support