Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TPC Group
Develops, deploys, and manages the procurement strategies for the indirect materials and services required to support company operations. These commodities generally represent a major portion of a large procurement category and typically involve multi-year/multi-million dollar expenditures negotiated and contracted utilizing national agreements. Broad commodities may require that other experienced buyers report into this position. This leader utilizes a comprehensive sourcing process which includes a highly effective commodity and vendor analysis, comprehensive sourcing strategy development and execution, aggressive contract negotiation, and strong vendor performance management. This position is responsible for driving lowest total cost of ownership and maximum value for the assigned commodities. Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the deployment of strategic purchasing plans driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives, and business economics.
- Provides timely acquisition of commodities or services at lowest total cost.
- Ensures that business drivers and departmental goals and measures are aligned
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate purchasing and supplier performance
- Maintains focus on added value, lowest total “life cycle” cost, and cost savings
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations
- Ensures ethics, safety, health, and environmental standards are met by the organization.
- Utilizes the appropriate level of market analysis and contracting strategy for all commodities
- Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated with supply and technical compliance
- Maintains strong relationships with key business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial or engineering curriculum is preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant work experience required, preferably in petrochemicals or other non-durable goods manufacturing with 15 years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Minimum three years’ experience in positions requiring knowledge of business processes relating to purchasing and materials management.
- Knowledge of processes relating to production, maintenance, logistics, materials management, and purchasing is desired
- Knowledge of the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, and purchasing management and proven effective application of these concepts
- Ability to utilize performance measurements, project leadership, teamwork, communication, writing, and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others through both direct and indirect networks
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external peers, including dispute resolution