Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech II - IPSC
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role will act as a floater to the Ship Channel area In Plant Service Centers. Rotating to multiple customer sites to fill on demand personnel needs.
- Plans daily schedules and operating priorities to provide maximum levels of customer service.
- Determines specific and/or special customer needs with regard to scheduling and availability of equipment to satisfy the demands placed on the IPSC.
- Coordinates the use of personnel and equipment among districts in order to meet project objectives and achieve maximum efficiency and utilization of company resources.
- Provides leadership in achieving health and safety goals. Proactively identifies safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal, State, Company and client standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Maintains adequate and accurate inventory to sustain a 24-hour state of readiness of shop tools, respiratory and breathing air equipment, transport trailers, cascade air banks and associated pressure regulating equipment, breathing air compressors and fill stations, portable gas monitors, associated respiratory and gas monitor test equipment, all rental electronics equipment, and hand held radios. Modify to fit specific IPSC services & equipment provided
- Reports status of operational issues to manager on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation including billing, compliance, customer communication and satisfaction reports and quality assurance and/or safety alert issues.
- Compiles material needs and requisitions and submits to purchasing for execution.
- Engineering, Technical or Business preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Progressive experience in petrochemical and/or refinery operations or industrial safety equipment industry. Experience in Fire Protection Services, Respiratory Protection and Gas Detection is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
- Demonstrated integrity, professionalism and commitment to safety.
- Above average organization, communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with multiple internal, external & executive contacts.
- Working knowledge of customer business and industry with ability to define specific and/or special customer needs to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract; Must have reliable means of transportation
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol testing and comprehensive background check
- Must be capable of working with limited supervision and able to exercise initiative and sound judgement
- TWIC Card Required
- Must be able to pass requirements for onsite entry to all Ship Channel location refineries.
Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions.) Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Second language is a plus. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization preferred. Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance. Daily customer contact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Plant environment. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in customer environments. May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, and plant traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Performs a variety of manual functions. Follows established procedures to perform standardized tasks. Most errors are caught during self-inspection or by higher level staff before leaving work unit. Supervisor assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
Authority: Works under direct supervision: Specific instructions are given on assignments or follows written or verbal instructions and established procedures and standard practice to perform assigned tasks. No direct reports, but may assist less experienced.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).