Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Specialist
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Solves complex issues and drives tactical and strategic initiatives, such as leading process standardizations and executing program strategies.
- Manage fuel program and maintenance program administration, including monthly exception reporting and driver education initiatives.
- Manage administration of vehicle asset tracking program. Coordinate repair, installation and deactivation of GPS/ELD modules as required.
- Source fleet and equipment, resulting in the best value for the Company.
- Assist in developing category processes, specifications and forms.
- Maintain ownership of online supplier portals. Ensures end user requirements are satisfied, develops change management activities, promotes end user adoption, provides training, and monitors end user satisfaction and needs.
- Support procurement and branding of capital assets including vehicles and trailers, including licensing and title requirements.
- Maintains excellent relationships with current and prospective vendors; conducts due diligence and analysis on prospective vendor relationships; and develops long-term alliances to ensure adequate and cost effective sourcing of products and services.
- Maintain category profile information (spend and opportunity assessment data, market insight, ordering processes, commodity portfolio make-up, value analysis, supplier performance, etc.)
- Interface with internal personnel to ensure compliance with preferred supplier programs.
- Identify cost savings opportunities through data analysis, and work across the enterprise to build an implementation strategy
- Support report requests from Supply Chain Leadership and the Category Manager for Fleet, Logistics and Equipment.
- Multitasks with a main focus on customer service and customer satisfaction
- Participates in the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities to deliver internal and supplier efficiencies.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university highly preferred, with a minimum of five (5) years in strategic sourcing, procurement, fleet administration and customer service experience. Experience with RentalMan or an AS400 ERP system highly preferred.
Expert analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Advanced/Expert MS Office skills
- Demonstrated action oriented, results oriented, and customer service competencies
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the business
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good negotiation skills
- Good conflict management skills
Other Required Skills
Interpersonal Communications: Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees as appropriate. Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner. Interfaces daily with other functional areas. May communicate with internal and external auditors.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
May be infrequently exposed to possible operations hazards or working in or visiting operational site, including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
Authority: Oversees day-to-day operations to initiate effective communications for efficient resolution.